Houston's continued population growth in urban areas has led to a large increase in home construction, particularly in older, established neighborhoods where existing homes are torn down in favor of new homes. This new home construction on existing properties leaves builders facing the challenge of protecting and preserving the large, thriving trees on these established properties, which add to the monetary and aesthetic value of the land.
LMC can help homebuilders, developers and general contractors through their Tree Preservation services, where trees are shielded from damage before, during and after new home construction or expansions.
LMC's Tree Preservation services include:
- Thorough analysis by Certified Arborists to select ideal trees for preservation, factoring in location, age and condition
- Comprehensive tree protection through secured fencing and bracing
- Soil protection through minimization of contamination during building phases
- Soil aeration to prevent compaction during construction phase
- Maintain proper hydration for trees to ensure tree health
- Adding reinforced paving stones and materials to minimize cuts or excavation to the soil
- Careful tree pruning, when necessary, to protect the tree and construction crews
- Fertilization after construction to increase tree nutrition and tree health
For more information on how LMC's Tree Preservation services can ensure complete tree health during home or building construction, request a visit from LMC's Certified Arborists or call LMC today.